Wednesday, March 12, 2008

would a J Crew model eat that?


















for years i've been lamenting the huge injustice that i was not, in fact, born to be a j crew model. if i could return my body and get a new one at the store, this is the one i would choose.

but, don't worry, i'm not torturing myself with some impossible (and airbrushed) ideal that is (sniff) not in the realm of possibility for my set of dna.

however, asking myself "would a j crew model eat that?" or "would a j crew model eat that much of that?" has proven to be a pretty effective portion control device.

well, at least for this week... which is why i'm labeling this the "tactic of the week"

7 comments:

Randi said...

be careful with that tactic, you probably don't want to know just what that model eats!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think JCrew's sizes run really small... especially for large chested ladies!

anna said...

i do this too! and sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. i will never be a jcrew model but hey, we all have dreams right?

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I think I am going to try it!

Louise Wedgwood said...

I'd be guessing a J crew model probably doesn't eat anything much, let alone enough healthy foods!

I do think it can be helpful to ask yourself what a particular role model would do - but I'd personally pick a really fit one.

Just don't starting asking yourself "would a j crew model be disatifised with their body?" because the answer is probably YES

HC said...

That is too funny -- I love it (and may try it)...

And what is up with j. crew models doing that little jig jump...it's everywhere...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com