Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hanging on, kinda sorta

Sooooo sorry that I've been MIA. I've missed blogging and the support and your blogs! But I've been working a LOT for the past few weeks. My time at home is shrinking rapidly and it looks like it is only going to get worse over the next few months. But there is light at the end of the tunnel - we are currently scheduling my thesis defense. Finally. (Though, the work won't stop when I have the degree...booo!)

As you all recommended, I've been hanging onto the dieting, which is pretty much keeping me at maintenance if you count in all of those little sins. When I work late, I need to buy dinner. Or if I don't stop for that snack break, I end up stuffing my face with BAD foods later on.

The good news is that I've been walking to the train (35 minutes, walking fast, each way) in an attempt to cram some exercise into my day. And I've been making a big vat of soup every weekend to carry me through the week.

I'd still like to lose some more weight, and I think that times like this are excellent times to lose weight if I plan well, since I don't have time to sit around craving food. I need to get better about packing dinners and more snacks to work. I need to start really keeping track of how much I'm eating. And I need to build in some pilates and strength training on the weekends. That's the plan. Hold me to it, k?

5 comments:

katieo said...

Oooo Bri, yay for the thesis defense, sounds like a crazy busy time!

Just remember you have plenty of time to lose weight, hang on for dear life with the maintenance and you'll know if you can maintain now you'll be able to hold your weight steady after you lose that little bit!

Unknown said...

I'm with KatieO - stressful times are not typically ideal times for focusing on food and exercise, but I think you're doing *SO* many things correctly - the walks to the train, the vats of soup, etc! NICE!
Those fast walks have got to be good for chipping away at your stress levels, no?

Hang in there Bri - glad to hear the light is at the end of the tunnel!

Sara said...

Wow sounds like you are doing amazing during this crazy hectic time!! And it sounds like you have a great plan to do even better!!

Good Luck with everything!

carla said...

consider yourself held :)

and keep reminding yourself that all the short bursts of exercise SO ADD UP to one full length workout.

you are doing great during this hecticstressful time.

MizFit
http://www.MizFitOnline.com

katieo said...

Hi Bri, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the oh-so helpful comment on my jeans post. THey have a really upscale second hand store here that sells designer jeans (but I think you have to know when they come in or all the "normal" sizes are gone literally before they put them on the rack...)
Anyway...it's worth some investigating. I'm planning a trip to Nordstrom (maybe I can coerce Meg to help...)to try some on. thanks again. :)

(And I know. I'm just slightly embarrassed that "Gap" is so top of the line for me...hey, it's a step up from Target, LOL!)