Tuesday, February 5, 2008

where's the reset button?

ok, seriously. i really suck at the whole "weight loss" thing.

i seem to be able to make it to 169.something fairly easily...and then i start feeling invincible or something and then BAM, i'm back around 175. actually, i don't even know how much i weigh right now. i've been avoiding the scale for the past few weeks...but if the way my jeans are fitting is any indication, i'm well past the "comfort zone"

soooo....exercise has been ok. i've been getting an hour of something in everyday. but for me, the real battles are fought and won in the food department...which has been where i'm losing big time.

i think my major losses during nov/dec were entirely due to my brother being out of the house and in china. when he was gone, i had nothing but healthy food around the house, no cookies, no pizza, no ice cream, nada. and shazam! i lost a ton and gained self control. enough self control to make it all the way through christmas.

but, january has been one bleak month for the Department of Weight Management at la casa de meg.

i think i've been averaging somewhere between 12-50 cookies per week for the last 6 weeks or so. no, i'm not kidding. he bakes up a pan of 24 choco chip cookies *everyday*...and if it's not cookies, then there's pizza, or there's ice cream, or he wants to go out to my favorite mexican place etc. etc.

i know, i know. i should make healthy choices for me, no matter what my brother brings in the house or where he wants to eat. i know i know, i should make him hide his food...or i should just " have some self control" or just "don't eat it" as he has said.

but, i sometimes just don't have the willpower. willpower for me is more about avoiding the temptation, not staring the temptation in the face day after day after day. seriously.

so, am i just a wimp? do i just need to buckle down, get over it turn a blind eye to all of the high-cal treats around? hmm.

well, in any case, thanks for letting me whine.

4 comments:

katieo said...

i should make healthy choices for me, no matter what my brother brings in the house

No way Meg! No one has that kind of willpower. Kick that boy out.
You don't have to bend to his cookie will. It's your house. It's hard enough to lose weight as it is without the constant temptations being brought around you.

Just my opinion, but he's got to respect your boundaries even if he doesn't understand them, or rolls his eyes at them.

*off grumbling* ...evil boys and their evil cookies...

Unknown said...

Seriously Meg, I think your brother must be THE BIGGEST stoner on earth. I had a roommate like this once - he basically turned my health palace into nacho-ville. Bro bakes cookies DAILY!?!?!? If it was store bought crap, like Chips Ahoy, I'd be able to resist, but homeade goodies? ARG! My achilles heel!

Ummmm, unless you're able to get a lobotomy to turn off the cookie portion of your brain, (and if this is indeed possible, let me know!) I think the only way around this is to re-think your living arrangements.

I've gotta give you credit though for working out anyway!

Unknown said...

No one can resist fresh cookies out of the oven. Unless you have some super power you aren't telling us!

I agree with the other two, perhaps you can re-think your living arrangement. Eek.

Sara said...

That is really hard. Wow I couldn't resist cookies made everyday. I make 24/week for Justin and I and most days only eat 1 for my treat.

I think you should sit down and talk to him about it. Maybe come to a compromise with the food and the treats.