Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm gross.

I am totally gross. I don't know what came over me yesterday. Since last week, I've been on best behavior - eating well and exercising regularly. But yesterday was a day of minor stresses and I ended eating really yucky bad for me things that I would never had eaten when I'm being sane. Or had Kashi TLC or Larabars on hand (I certainly have them at work today).

The trouble is that we have several weekly meetings. And at each of them are Dunkin Donuts bagels and donuts and coffee. I normally try to stick to the coffee since the bagels and donuts are yucky and make me hungrier if i eat them. But I usually end up eating about a 1/3 of one in a moment of weakness. No biggie.

Well yesterday, I ended up picking at the leftovers (there were a lot this time) throughout the bay and ended up eating a whopping 2.5 donuts and a third of a bagel with cream cheese. I am so gross! Although I'm know to have my moments, this was particularly bad. Especially because one of the donuts looked just like that pink one that they use to promote the Simpsons Movie. Yucky, right? I'm so gross. I also had my normal meals: grapenuts, coffee, banana, pear, white bean kale soup, string cheese, and a small bit of shepard's pie. Oh, and Lindt truffle thingy (white chocolate - I don't even like white chocolate!)

Anyway. I'm doing a bit better today, though I did just scarf down a Larabar (not low cal, but better than eating MORE bagels and donuts).

In better news, my school has a yearly fitness team challenge. Basically, you get into teams of 6 and everyone tries to exercise a minimum of a certain number of minutes per week. It goes on for something like 10 weeks and ramps up the minutes. This week is 150, so I should be able to make it easily. I'm glad I signed up, especially in light on the donut madness. Certainly, minor stresses are about to add up for me in the coming months.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

At least today is a new day, right? :-)

Unknown said...

You know what? The little stuff gets to me sometimes too! I handle big stressors much better than 10-at-a-time-little stressors. Those days drive me to shove pecans (currently the most caloric item in our cupboard) in my face by the fistful.

2 donuts and some bagel action? Don't beat yourself up Bri! It could have been 2 DOZEN donuts, you know?

Congrats on signing up for the challenge - sounds like fun!

Amy said...

A little mishap won't derail all that hard work! It was an honest donut mistake. It's over, you ate them, now time to move on, right?

Did you at least enjoy them? ;) I know I would have! LOL!

You get a chance to make a fresh start everyday. It's yours for the taking!

Good luck in the challenge!