Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I love work

I know, not a typical statement out of a finishing, disgruntled grad student, but I love work for the sake of my diet. I drink more water and eat fewer calories when I'm not at home. Needless to say, I need a "schedule" to get back on track from my vacation time. I had a nice, relaxing break - but it did include a lot of eating and not much exercise. This year, I simply need to get on track with my exercise again. So far, the scale has been kind to me and I've been weighing in just under 140, but I think my body just hasn't had time yet to churn the recent calorie influx in to fat... My game plan for exercise is a little childish, but worked for me beofre: put up a calendar and circle or highlight days that I exercised... Seems simple enough, so I'll keep you updated as to how it goes.

I know it is supposed to be "bad" to set timelines for weight loss goals and such, but this year I want to be skinny and fit by June. The fam is coming out for graduation and (hello vanity!) I want to look good. My mom ALWAYS gives me a hard time about my weight, and I don't want to hear a peep out of her about it this time around. (Last time she visited, it took her only 25 hours before saying something about the size of my rear...real nice.)

In other news, I can pee upstairs now. I'm SO EXCITED about that. We made a lot of progress on our bathroom redo and hope to put up some pictures for you when it's really finished. I'm hoping that all of the bathroom building worked off some of my extra calories too...

Happy New Year to everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously? Your mom makes comments about the size of your seemingly small-to-normal sized butt? Ummm... I think I'd have some choice words for her.

Bri said...

Yeah, it's true. At the time, I was on a weight-upswing, but she was totally offbase. I know I should be mature about it and just ignore her, but I just can't. It always bugs me...and makes me want to eat cookies.

Aaron said...

I totally used to do the calender thing! I got some sort of satisfaction every time I could circle a day. I know though, it's like a grown-up sticker chart, lol. I think I might need to start it up again.

oh and this is katieo, not Aaron. too lazy to go switch accounts.

Sara said...

I think that it is ridic about moms sometimes - gah they can be so annoying, sometimes it sucks loving them!

Yeah to plans and peeing upstairs!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about work getting you on a better schedule. It makes it all easier! Too bad we have to WORK to be on this schedule. hahaha.