Friday, January 4, 2008

Weigh-ing in the New Year

(I know I know, lame title, but I couldn't help it.) I weighed 140 this morning. I'm very pleased with that, considering my luxurious (read: buttery, inactive) holiday season. I'm also glad that my body seems to have some kind of stopping point around 140. I still hope to lose an additional 10 lbs or so in the next 6 months, but I don't need to, so if I just maintain from here, that's ok too.

The important thing now is keeping my eating habits and making exercise regular. I have diabetes running on both sides of the family so I need to ramp up my exercise for my health, not my looks. So far (erm, ok, just 2 days), marking my new calendar is working for me.

BTW, does anyone have a link (or book recommendation) for good Thera-band workouts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm envious... I want my 'set point' to be 140 instead of where it really seems to love to hover - 160! I'll get there one of these days.......

Amy said...

Also envious! Maybe one day my set point will be 140! Although, it probably would be if I kept the Reese Cups out of my gob!