Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All over the map













no, i haven't been globetrotting, unfortunately. my eating has been all over the place though. wiggity-wack, if you will.

some days i'm super good...then i'm super duper BAD, followed by some mediocre days, followed by stretches of cookies and eating out.

sigh.

it's all emotional eating. it's been non-stop dramarama + stressarama around these parts for a few weeks, so my mind has been elsewhere. i haven't been counting. i haven't weighed in since before christmas. i'm bad. the worst part is i don't really care. although i know i will very shortly.

i have been exercising everyday, however. that seems to be the one good thing goin' on in the weight loss department. and hallelujah i had the foresight to invest in that treadmill a few months ago--that has probably kept me from gaining about 20 lbs this winter.

any suggestions for pulling myself out of this rut? (before i have to call in a crane to lift me out?!)

7 comments:

Bri said...

Hrm...I suppose this is where I'm supposed to say something very insightful and motivating. However, you may have noticed my lack of recent posts and have probably fairly judged that I have been a bad dieter also.

But, seriously, good work on keeping up the exercise. If I were you, I would be scarfing mac and cheese by the box full alternating between watching pride and prejudice (wondering where the real life Mr. Darcy is) and bridget jones (wondering where the real life Dr. Darcy is).

now go try on some skinny jeans - that'll motivate you.

Unknown said...

My only advice is to keep up the working out and try to exchange one snack a week for a veggie. Start small.

Sara said...

Do you go to WW meetings? I don't know if they still have it but they used to have a "kick start" 2 week program. Where you pick from a list of foods. It isn't any different then the 20 points but a lot of people really liked it when they had fallen of the wagon and had trouble getting back on.

Great job on the exercise though - that is so awesome!

Unknown said...

Meg, you should be absolutely proud of yourself for sticking to the exercise routine!

As for the eating, of the emotional sort... I don't know the answer.

I guess wait for the storm to pass and then put your head down and get to work.

Martalu said...

According to Bob on The Biggest Loser, you should chew Extra gum. Hmmm...I think this is deeper than that. I don't know where the stress is coming from, but you need to DESTRESS! Get a massage tout suite! It's an investment in yourself!

Adora said...

I second the massage idea - can't hurt!

I also think starting small is the way to go about getting back on track. Try to fix one thing at a time and you'll feel less deprived than all at once.

katieo said...

Good job on the exercise! I can't wait to talk to you!