Tuesday, January 8, 2008

note to self: MUST STOP EATING!

i don't know what my problem is.

i am hungry.

all

the

time.

i just can't stop eating. seriously. i'm munchy-munchy/starving all day. i think my stomach got really stretched out from christmas and now my body thinks it needs like 2500 calories to survive. or something.

any advice? (besides duct tape over my mouth?)

exercise is going fine...i'm doing pilates 3x a week and i go walking everyday (treadmill or mallwalking) for 60+ min.

but seriously, i'd need to be running several marathons a week to justify this much eatiness. i just need to break the cycle and get back to "angelic" meg. where did she go?!

9 comments:

katieo said...

"eatiness," lol!

THe only suggestion I have is eat more protein. (And despite the post I JUST put up, we NEED to go walking. I need updates!)

soapbox girl said...

Good advice, Katie. More protein should help. Try adding a little protein to your breakfast, like eggs or turkey bacon. Ease up on the carbs a little (nothing radical, though).

Unknown said...

i go through phases where I just want to eat everything in site. I eat a large meal and am starving afterwards. But then there are weeks where I forget to eat because I am not hungry at all. Its so weird. I think you just have to wait it out and hope you get more days of not being starving every few minutes. And as katieo said, more protein has definitely helped me. I have cut out all those 100 calorie packs of useless carbs. Now I just eat trail mix or tons of apples when I am snacky. or a piece of toast with pb on it.

Carolyn said...

hahah "eatiness" I love it!

I know what you mean. It almost feels like Christmas stretched out my appetite or something, I could eat for days!

Time to buckle down though!

Sara said...

protein is great advise. fat also fills you up - just limit it! Don't eat processed food.

Good Luck!

Amy said...

I'm into 'eating everything in sight' right now too. Maybe it's the weather?

I feel your pain. I think Katie's right-- try adding some more protein to your diet. In fact, I might try that as well! lol.

Unknown said...

I go through this too sometimes Meg.... Like right this instant I want to raid the pantry. I've got no advice for you. Let me know if you come up with a magic tactic!

~Laura said...

I am feeling your pain over here! I cannot believe how hungry I am and that I have not been able to get back on track. uggggg.

Healthy Pear said...

Have you tried "core" yet? Maybe that will allow you to eat more but healthy foods like plain ff yoghurt with a banana and berries mixed into it. My sister started core and LOVES it! She's eating all the time and dropping pounds!