Sunday, February 10, 2008

accountability

welll.....

it's been one of those weeks. cookie detox has so far been successful. this was aided immensely by having the stomach flu for a day.

however, after recovering from said flu, i've been kinda eating whatever because, you know, i didn't eat for a WHOLE DAY, so that means i'm entitled to do whatever i want, right?

hmm.

today was dinner at the grandparents which involved pot roast, potatoes, homemade rolls and...lemon pie. yumm.

to make matters worse, i was sent home with a gourmet mint truffle candy bar. and it just opened itself and jumped right into my mouth. all 22 fat grams. just couldn't wait to hop in my stomach and make their way to my thighs.

hmm.

so....tomorrow is another day. beginning with an 8 am pilates class. and no more mint truffle bars. ever.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm the same way when I'm sick!

Hopefully today is going much more according to "plan"!

Unknown said...

Haha, yeah, if I accidentally skip a meal for some emergency reason then I have the 'better make up for it' attitude too! =)

katieo said...

i didn't eat for a WHOLE DAY, so that means i'm entitled to do whatever i want, right?
OH YES. I totally do that too.

(friday? what do you say?)

Healthy Pear said...

If it were so easy as to just say "no, I'll have my chocolate tomorrow" we'd all be skinny minis. It's hard sometimes I know and I'm guilty of the all or nothing thinking too sometimes.
Move on and don't feel guilty about it. Just think, you can have an awesome day today!