Sunday, June 8, 2008

this weekend=utter disaster

i had all kinds of high hopes for getting back in control and back on track. i don't know exactly what happened to get in the way...but it just didn't go down like that.

it probably has a lot to do with spending the whole weekend working on projects at home and hanging out with my brother. somehow when he's eating cookies all the time i just feel like i'm entitled to eat cookies too. i can only hold on for so long until i cave. i didn't actually eat any of his cookies...but i did buy a package of animal crackers at the grocery store (5 points) and ate those...along with numerous kashi cherry chocolate chunk granola bars, sugar free jello pudding and popcorn...which are my vices of late. yea, they don't sound too bad, but when your portions are out of control, it's not good no matter what you're eating. i've been keeping track for the most part and i'm already nearly out of flex points for the week. NOT GOOD! i'm heading into a majorly stressful week when i won't have much time for exercise, so...it is going to be tricky (read: i feel like throwing in the towel).

and speaking of exercise...one of my major hang-ups this week has been that i somehow hurt my knee last week and i haven't been going walking because it keeps getting worse. my knees always act up whenever i walk really fast or get anywhere close to running speed...and last weekend after i upped the speed on the treadmill my left knee started freaking out.

rahh.

i keep telling myself that if i can give up diet coke i can conquer the portion control thing. i just always feel like i'm out of control.

oh yea, and i had to try on 3 skirts to find one that fit this morning. grrr. i really need to get my act together--STAT. the problem is the more things i feel like i need to fix and change, the less i want to do anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know, I know... Sometimes I become overwhelmed by everything I am doing WRONG... and forget the stuff I am doing RIGHT.

Focus on the positive Meg. You've resisted your brother's cookies 8 million times. And you'll do it again!