Friday, April 25, 2008

Alert!!!!

Thesis writing is over...until I get comments back from my advisors, then committee. One of my advisors is really really picky, so I'm a bit nervous about that.

But the alert is that I just spent 30 minutes rummaging through my closet trying to find something that fit me and looked decent. And no, I don't need to go shopping. I need to lose weight. I weighed in at 143. That is 3 pounds higher than my comfortable 140lb set point. And, 13-15 pounds higher than goal.

I can bike to the train again, which is 30 mintues of exercise, 5 days a week. Add in weekend exercise of more biking, walking, and kayaking, and I should be a-ok. But I need to get my eating back in check. I'm going to start counting again before I gain more weight! I know we aren't supposed to set goals dates for weight loss goals, but I'd really like to shed 5 pounds or so in the next 6 weeks (yeah, I probably won't make it) and another 5 pounds by July...

2 comments:

Randi said...

Hey, congrats on getting the thesis done! this is a major deal! Good for you! (edits are much easier than writing, don't worry)

Hopefully you'll have that stressor gone and your eating will clean up no problem!

Meg said...

yay for thesis done!!! yippee!