Saturday, May 31, 2008

the 7 pm rule

i've heard all kinds of people swear by the no-eating-after-7pm rule--several of whom are the super skinny 40+ year olds that i go to pilates with...

i don't think there's anything magic about the number 7. but i do think there is something magic about having a cut-off time when you stop eating. i think i'm going to try it this week...however, 7 doesn't feel realistic for me, since i often don't get done teaching until 9 pm.

this week, i'll try the no-eating-after-10pm rule. because seriously, i've been eating up until bedtime--which is usually around 1 am. that can't be good. wish me luck!

(and oh yea, did i mention i'm still not drinking diet coke?)

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG - i balked slightly at the Diet Coke-free existence that you're currently living. I scaled back to 2 diet cokes a day several months ago - and yes, 2 is scaling back for me.... Unfortunately, I'm back up to some god-forsaken number and need to work on getting that number back down.

I know I'm addicted to it as it is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. tragic!

I also have a cut-off time now too. It's not good to wake up in the morning with food wrappers or bowls next to your bed! Sheesh...