Friday, December 7, 2007

Saved by the toothbrush!!!

I hate getting ready for bed - the worst part about getting ready for bed is brushing my teeth. I hate hate hate hate it.

Last night I was in the middle of baking 3 recipes of truffle cookies (I figured you didn't need a picture...the name says it all) and was madly stuffing my face with ugly specimens, broken off chunks, the works. I knew I needed to stop.

I tried to make popcorn so I would munch on that instead, but burned it after walking away from the stove. So I brushed my teeth. BRILLIANT. Why did I forget about this dieting trick? I hate brushing my teeth more than I love truffle cookies...so after brushing my teeth I was not going to eat any more cookie bits. HORAYYY!!!

Weigh-in: Stan is gone! At least for today. He took some friends with him and I lost 2.5 pounds (am now 137.5) - I'll wait a bit before updating the sidebar. Somehow, I think Stan will be back...

image credit

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yipee!! 2.5lbs now that is a loss to write home about!

I too hate brushing my teeth. Unfortunately that trick doesn't stop me. Damn me.

soapbox girl said...

Awesome! I need to weigh soon. I got rid of my scale (took it to my sister's house) because I was weighing myself too much and freaking out over it. However, I know for a fact that I'm not anywhere near 137! Maybe by the spring!

Great job.