Friday, December 21, 2007

chocoholics anonymous

hi, my name is meg and i've recently developed a major chocolate problem.

i blame my students.

so far this week i've received 3 plates of cookies, 1 plate of homemade fudge, 1 box of truffles, 2 king size symphony bars (the almond and toffee kind...mmmm), 1 package peppermint bark, 1 box of Ghiradelli mint chocolate squares and a box of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts.

and my brother made chocolate chip cookies 3 times. that's 72 cookies.

and i also seem to have found my way into my brother's cookies & cream ice cream (the real stuff, not low fat).

i've been a bad bad girl.

time to clean up my act. i'm throwing ALL of the chocolate away today. weighed in today at 170.4 (1 lb up from last week...), so all of this holiday cheer needs to stop immediately!

on the boy front...hmmm, lots of exciting things to report! it seems like this might be going somewhere! crazy! i've pretty much seen him everyday for a week... although now he is out of the country for 2 weeks for the holidays...sad, but maybe i'll actually be able to get some work done! maybe even a little blogging...

4 comments:

soapbox girl said...

Wow. Just wow. That's a lot of temptation. Good for you only gaining one pound. And about the new love interest: two weeks probably seems like eternity right now, but absence makes the heart grow fonder! Just think about how much you'll have to talk about when he gets back!

healthy ashley said...

I've read your blog, and I love it.

If you want to talk about chocolate temptation, try Harry and David's Dark Chocolate Moose Munch. My office is plagued with it.

After the holidays, I think there should be a "no-bad-food" rule.

Good luck on your goals!

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm sure you're not the only one with a chocolate problem.

C's mom made these unusual treats involving chocolate, almonds, saltines (!?!?!) and massive amounts of butter. They were incredible. The perfect blend of chocolate-y sweet and salty. Heaven! I am still having visions of them.

As for the boy.... (insert school-yard sounding 'oooooh' taunt here)... that is so exciting! Allow us to live vicariously....

Amy said...

Step away from the chocolate! lol.

Please, please indulge me with tales of boy naughtiness... I'm dying here!