Sunday, December 2, 2007

weekend review

sooo...things are going ok. for some reason, i have a much easier time blogging when things aren't going very well. something about sharing successes just feels like bragging/boasting/showing off, which i'm just not a fan of...know what i mean? but then again, i read other people's blogs to read their successes...and actually the whole point of this blog is to be successful. well anyway, i'm rambling.

i managed to stay on track this weekend. the brother is back along with his frozen pizzas, tubs of ice cream and refrigerated cookie dough. i haven't touched any of it. when i picked him up yesterday we drove through Carl's Jr and he ordered a load of food (literally. probably like 5000 calories) and i didn't even ask for one fry.

i went out to dinner w/ a friend on friday night. he ordered an enormous piece of my very favorite carrot cake in the whole world. i only had 2 bites. (first time ever) i can usually eat almost a whole piece by myself. but, i just stuck to my salad except for the 2 (heavenly) bites.

saturday was le blind date. it went ok. actually my friend from friday night gave me some really great advice for how to not suck at first dates. (i really suck at them. plus i hate them--double whammy.) anyway, i took his advice and it worked, apparently. the blind date wants to go out again! (i'm not sure what i think about him, but at least it wasn't the horrific experience that it usually is...)

so, i haven't done a ton of exercise this weekend..that is first on the to-do list for tomorrow...but for right now, i'm happy that i didn't have a cataclysmic diet-blowing, depression and/or binge-fest inducing weekend. i could get used to this..

5 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on surviving a 'first date' and not touching your bro's fast food! Double points!

Unknown said...

Meg, you're a zen master! Way to dodge the crap your brother shoves in his face, all while stressing about an upcoming date! Bravo!

And the guy? How do you feel about him?

Healthy Pear said...

Wow! To stay on track with all that temptation is truly amazing! Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my weekend and I'm still picking up the pieces.
Kudos to you for surviving your blind date! (I used to hate them too, until I met my husband on one!). Don't be afraid of them. Anything can happen! Let us know how your second date turns out ok? :)

soapbox girl said...

Hellooooooo in there!

Bri and Meg,

Excuse me, but I just consulted my calendar, and it's almost Wednesday. It's time to update your blog! I don't care if you ARE skinny. The rest of us are still struggling. Now get to typin', missy.(I mean missies)

:)

Bri said...

SBG - ah, you caught me. I've seriosuly had nothing interesting to say!!! But I just posted, just for you :)