Sunday, November 25, 2007

Confessions

Um, this was a whoopsy holiday weekend. I honestly don't know how much I ate and thinking about it makes me feel guilty. (Think pie, lemon curd, whip cream, stuffing, prime rib, waffles, scones, garlic bread, fries, creamed mushrooms, real mashed potatos...over 4 days...oh, and no exercise.) But it was a nice relaxing weekend with friends and my nice husband, so it was worth it. I'll give myself 5 flex for the rest of the week so I don't give up counting. After being a slothpig all weekend, I "feel" the fat around my mid section and love handles...like the weight was gained instantly. I know it's just in my head - does this happen to anyone else?

5 comments:

katieo said...

oh yeah, I do that too...When I've had a bad day foodwise instantly my pants feel tighter. (Can I go UP a whole size of pants after a lousy day?) I like to think most of it's in my head, but then again I also *KNOW* it goes on a lot quicker than it comes off. Soooo I basically drive myself nuts.

Sara said...

I find when I eat like shit that my pants feel tight too - but I don't think it is in my head and I don't think it is pure weight gain. Instead I think it is bloating from over indulging! Good Luck getting back on track this week!!

Unknown said...

It absolutely happens to me too!

soapbox girl said...

It's in your head. But yeah, I do that, too. You should weigh yourself just so you can see that it didn't all come back.

Bri said...

phew - glad I'm not the only one - like Sara, I think that maybe there really is an effect, but probably not as bad as I imagine...I'll wait to weigh in until Friday though :)