Monday, November 12, 2007

Damage control

I missed the blog world while I was away! I have a lot of catch up to do reading all of your blogs. I got back last night and am now in full force damage control. I estimate that I was eating about 40 points per day while I was away, which was fine most of the time when I was walking all day long, but during the conference, it was not so fine. Water consumption was a problem (bathrooms are hard to find, and cost money). So this week, I'll be back on the treadmil and the pilates mat, drinking a ton of water, and will limit my flex points to 10 for the next 4 days until I start as normal again on Friday. I took a ton of food pictures, so I'll be posting again tonight. But the quick summary is that I left like Homer in chocolate land. It was wonderful and horrible, all at the same time :) Oh, and the scale last night and this morning is telling me I weigh 141, so that's a .5 lb gain from when I left. I'm not really sure how to judge that (you know: long flight, salty foods, is my huge gain going to come next week) but for now, I'll gladly take it.

5 comments:

marie said...

I totally want to frolic around my office now.

Washrooms cost money? where?!

Meg said...

YAY!!!! You're back!!!!

.5 gain? Not bad at all...remember when i went to italy and came back a full 20 lbs. heavier? so, yea, i think you did GREAT!

Bri said...

Marie - I really was frolicing from storefront to storefront...it was awesome. In the touristy places/innercities/some restaurants we had to pay for the WC. So I drank a lot at night :)

katieo said...

Glad you're back. And I'm with meg, .5 ain't nothin!

(I seriously have problems writing the word, "ain't." But I'm just going to leave it...)

soapbox girl said...

Yay, you're back! :) Great job maintaining. (I don't consider that a real gain. Flying alone will cause you to hold fluids!)