Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I thought I was a morning person...

I always thought I was a morning exerciser - get on the treadmill first thing and forget about it for the rest of the day. But I was a bit slow to get out of bed this morning and skipped my 30 min session. Tonight, I was on for an easy 60 min while I happily watched TV (prime time is way better than the Today show - who knew?) - it makes me wonder if I should change up my routine. I think if I switch to evenings I'll be a little unreliable but will have a better workout when I get around to it. Hrmm...decisions, decisions...

On the other front, I've been losing a bit of motivation lately (thanks Mr. Scale - I hate you too) but luckily my produce delivery is keeping me on track and I've been hitting the winter veggies pretty hard. I love cauliflower as "mashed potatoes" - the boy once claimed that he didn't like it, but last night polished off the pot...liar.

7 comments:

Meg said...

do evenings! or just use evenings as a backup when mornings don't work...and yea, prime time is so much better than the today show...

Randi said...

morning or evening? do both! (if you're gonna watch tv anyway might as well exercise)

Bri said...

Randi - LOL. I only watch TV when I'm on the treadmill - but I'll try :)

Unknown said...

i am definitely an evening workout girl. especially when I have to wake up at 5am just to be able to take a 5 minute shower and throw on some jeans to be in time for work :-)

Unknown said...

Haha! C always 'hates' my diety kitchen swaps but you know what...eventually he always confesses that he likes them - even the cauliflower 'mashed potatoes'.

As for night exercise... I dunno.. I can't do it... I find something else (or nothing) to do instead!
Good luck either way!

Carolyn said...

I love to exercise in the morning too because then you have your whole day ahead of you and you have tons of energy but my motivation disappears in the morning when the alarm is going off.

I SO want to try mashed up cauliflower but always chicken out thinking, it really can't taste good. Do you season it with anything?

Bri said...

Carolyn - you should try it - it's gooooood. I only use some garlic and chicken broth (I ignore the butter in the recipe)