Friday, November 2, 2007

Fluctuate

yea...i think i should change the name of the blog to "fluctuate"...that seems to be more accurate than "skinnify"...well, at least for me!

i am down this week, but still not to the pre-birthday 175. last week i was 177 on wednesday.. and 178.6 on friday... and this friday i'm 176.2. though i am happy to apparently have lost like 2 lbs, i don't get it. i'll say it again and again. numbers just don't make sense.

well anyway...i feel like i'm on a roll with the diet and exercise thing this week, so i'll just keep doing what i'm doing. i seem to have found the right combination of enough stress to keep me busy and away from the cupboard (but not enough to turn me into a cookie monster), willpower, and motivation to exercise...now if i can just keep going this way. experience has shown that this is the danger zone for me...i tend to start thinking i can get away with things as soon as i see a loss and then boom--back to where i started.

random side note: last night one of my students moms told me she's lost 65 lbs. (she looks great--when i first met her she was over 300 lbs.) she said this is the first time she's been under 300 lbs in 16 years. wow. i am so totally impressed. people like that inspire me.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm also always amazed and inspired when I hear success stories. You're not doing too bad yourself! Just stick to what's been working for you. You'll get there!

katieo said...

oh I do that too (slacking off after you've had a loss) Drives me nuts.

Carolyn said...

I think that's probably why I weigh in on Fridays, because I know that if I see a nice loss, I can treat myself on Friday night and I have 6 whole days to work it off. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I should be even MORE motivated after seeing a loss!! I hear where you're coming from!

Cory said...

That is an awesome success story you heard there.
Don't worry to much about fluctuating right now. We all do that sometimes. You'll get back to losing again though.