Wednesday, November 7, 2007

play the accordion...lose weight!















i just checked out this site and had loads of fun finding out how many calories per hour i burn doing things like...

walking (238)

changing a lightbulb (26)

listening to music (79)

washing my hands (3)

getting dressed (26)

and best of all, i found out that the instrument i play burns 159 calories per hour! (no, it is not the accordion!) that means that on my mega-long teaching days when i play between 3-5 hours, i burn lotsa calories! who knew? (i'm totally going to tell some of my adult students about this...maybe it will motivate them to practice...haha)

check it out!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what do you play?

Sara said...

I second - what do you play?

Carolyn said...

What fun site, thanks for the link...

I'll bite too...what DO you play?

Unknown said...

Haha, that is SO cool!
I bet it is piano... I recall my piano teacher coming up with clever incentives to get me to practice =)

katieo said...

ohmygosh. Practice to burn calories? GENIUS.

and 159? whoa. i had no idea...

Meg said...

oh, sorry for the cliffhanger! i play the cello.