Thursday, November 1, 2007

Walking at Midnight...

i've relapsed a bit and am back to my night owl ways...

i generally prefer to exercise in the mornings, but lately, i just can't get up and running early enough to get it done first thing. my brother and i have often talked about how we need to invent some type of catapault device that will launch us out of bed in the morning...i really wish i was more of a morning person and got up at 5 or 6 am. but alas, it seems that after brief flirtations with being a morning person, i always return to my night owl ways.

anyway. instead of just giving up on walking if i don't get it done in the morning, i've started walking in the middle of the night. (cue that billy joel song...) oh, i should mention i walk on a treadmill. not out in the streets or anything.

i'm not sure if it's the greatest idea, as i'm sure it goes against some type of health guideline somewhere...but i feel better when i exercise regardless of the hour of the day.

how about you? when do you like to exercise?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to do it right after work or it just won't happen at all.

I used to try to do it in the morning, but that never worked out. I have to wake up at 5am to have 45 minutes to get ready for work. I don't think that I could wake up earlier than that to work out. Ehh.

Good luck figuring out the right plan for you!

Kelly said...

i did a yoga tv show last night at 11pm. it kind of kept me up though once i was done.

usually i exercise during lunch or around dinner time :)

Jaime said...

I am SUCH a night owl. It's gotten ridiculous lately actually. Oh how I wish I had a treadmill at home so I wouldn't just lay around and do nothing until the weeee hours.

Hopefully when BF returns I'll get back on a more normal schedule.

sherijung said...

I'm a night owl too, I can't abide getting up early to exercise. I'm already grumpy just getting dressed in the dark in the mornings. I try to finish exercising by 9:30 pm, or else it's really hard to go to bed on time at 11:00. I'd stay up until 2 am if I didn't have to go to work.

Amy said...

I wish I could get out of bed early enough to exercise. I had a brief flirtation with early morning exercise, but that only lasted for a couple of months...

I usually exercise after I get off work. Still leaves plenty of time to cook dinner, blog, read and watch a little tv with the boy!

Unknown said...

I like to get it done and out of the way FIRST thing in the morning... but I'm lucky... I can get into to work whenever. If I don't happen to exercise in the a.m., then I like to duck out mid-day sometime and head to the gym.

My gym is CRAZY packed between 4ish pm and 7ish pm, therefore I totally avoid it.

Anyhoo, its hard to figure out a work-able plan.

Carolyn said...

I always exercise right after work. It seems to be the best time for me. Then by the time I get home, I'm happy that it's over and I'm starving.

I've tried the morning thing a few times but the bed just won't let me get up. It's too warm and cozy and the thought of getting up, changing into workout clothesand working my butt of is NOT appealing whatsoever!