Thursday, October 18, 2007

The all purpose treadmill

Well, my shoes came and they are pointy. This is a problem. Unlike Meg, who loves impractical shoes, I wear orthopaedic shoes. Even my dress shoes have only 1.5-2" heels that are w i d e. So these are a challenge for me. The husband stared at me in them in disbelief. Anyway, I needed some practice in them so I don't look totally silly this weekend. So I wore them tonight around the house, I made dinner in them, I sat by the fire in them. And I did my treadmill warm up in them. Let me just say, if you've never broken in your shoes by getting on a treadmill in them, you are missing out. After just 5 minutes (incline 5%, 2 MPH), I felt like I was walking as normally as I could be...
Today was ok: ate 23, exercised 3, flex left 0. Weigh in tomorrow is going to be horrible, but oh well.

5 comments:

marie said...

bahahahahaha! love the pic!

soapbox girl said...

Funny picture! What a good idea to wear them on the treadmill. (btw cute shoes!)

Meg said...

hahaha---i think that's how june cleaver would have walked on a treadmill!

Randi said...

What a clever idea! Hopefully no blisters for you!

Tara Shirley said...

Now that is what I call a work out!! I love it!!