Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Soup of the Week

Mmmm...the house smells good. I've just made a huge pot of Red Bean and Bacon Soup. As you know, I love soups. But I especailly love soups that are low fat (I used turkey bacon) and high in protein and fiber...on a cold day while I'm recovering from a cough, its the perfect thing. Now, if I can just get of my big butt and exercise, I should have enough points left over to enjoy the soup with a thick slab of hearth bread with some double-cream Brie (insert jokes here).

I've actually been having a lot of trouble exercising this week because of my cold-triggered asthma, Any irregular breathing makes me wheeze and cough. I can walk and that's about it (but, walking slow takes a lot of time). So my plan for the rest of the week is to walk to the subway instead of taking the bus - if I do it each way, it'll give me 3 activity points (about 300 calories).

FJ: ate 21, exercised 0, flex left 12

2 comments:

soapbox girl said...

Thanks for the recipe! Yummy!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, soup sounds luscious. I heart bacon with ANYTHING.

Hope you're feeling tip top soon!