Sunday, October 21, 2007

Here we go

This is going to be a really really rough week over here - I've got myself scheduled to get way too many things done, so my postings will be short - sorry about that. It has been a really beautiful weekend (warm!) out here. My friend's wedding was really nice and they had the funniest toast I have ever seen. Aaaaand, they had three types of wedding cake plus platefuls of mini desserts. I loaded up my plate (I couldn't help it) but couldn't finish - maybe my body is starting to learn enough is enough. Or maybe I ate too much for dinner. Or appetizers. Oh well. Anyway, I had "fancy" dinner all three nights this weekend so I'm thrilled that I finished off the weekend having only consumed 22 flex points.

Dietwise, I'm really in trouble for the next few weeks. I'm heading into work-week-of-horror beginning with two days of conference, then later in the week I'm headed to Europe for 2.5 weeks (one week is conference). So we'll see how my weight does.

Speaking of conferences, I'm having a lot of issues with "business casual". I just wasted a whole hour trying things on from my closet. Clothes are either too tight or too big now, except for my skirts which look great but I don't have a top to wear with them, unless they are party skirts (with sequin details, etc) which are not so business casual. Sigh. Why can't I just wear my jeans? WHY? Is anyone else as clueless as I am about tops for skirts? Meg - help me.

4 comments:

Meg said...

yea...i hear ya on the tops-for-skirts problem...most of the time i go for a fitted shirt (i.e. a shade shirt or tank top or something) w/ some type of cardigan over it. or if it's more of a business skirt, a buttondown shirt with a sweater over it....or even just the buttondown. it's tricky b/c the shirts have to be the right length for the skirt, otherwise it looks dumb. rahh. send pics!

sorry about workweek from hell! good luck!

Randi said...

Um, hello? shut-up. You're going to Europe! PLUS your clothes are too big! cry me a river honey!

kidding. I think all this calls for is a major European shopping spree!

Bri said...

Meg - all my shirts are the wrong style or wrong color. I can't win. no time to take pics. i'll just wear my ill-fitting shirt/pants combo.

Randi - yeah, I know. poor me :) But really, i'm going to have some work to do when I get back, because the exercise thing is just NOT happening right now.

Unknown said...

Oh gawd... I do the same thing before I head out on business trips. I so rarely need to look professional that when I do, it becomes stressful.

I say go to H&M and drop a few bucks on some 'intermediate' clothing to get by on.