Sunday, October 14, 2007

In the vicinity

I love fall. I love fall so much, I'm spending this evening in a fall moment, neglecting my school work. he he he. Things in my vicinity:
  1. my flannels
  2. my slippers
  3. one of the cats
  4. a hot wood burning stove fireplace insert (new! it's sooo wonderful)
  5. tea
  6. apple crisp with real whip cream with vanilla bean
  7. the boy

But I earned the apple crisp - I was on the treadmill this morning and painted beadboard for 3 hours this afternoon. I've made up a big pot of steel cut oats with flax, apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg for this week. I've never added apples before and its just sweet enough that I don't need to add sugar. Am loving it.

today: ate 28, exercised 9, flex left 13.

6 comments:

marie said...

I adore the fact that I can put flannel sheets and fleece blankets back on my bed now. Soooo warm!

The apple crisp sounds yummy.

Sara said...

Yum - I had apple crisp yesterday too. I love fall!!

Bri said...

Oh man, I'm at work now and I just want to go home and eat more apple crisp and be wrapped in flannel.

Unknown said...

I hate the end of summer (aka fall! ;) but LOVE the sound of that OATMEAL! (It's 5:15pm, quittin time, hence my extreme excitement over all things food-related.)

soapbox girl said...

Yummy apple crisp! Still a ways from needing flannel sheets in my part of town, tho'!

Meg said...

mmm...apple crisp...
mmm...flannel...
mmm...fire

love the fall