Monday, October 15, 2007

weekend...

somehow life got extremely busy all of a sudden. but, i'm not complaining, because it kept me away from the cupboard!

i managed to make it through the weekend with 25 flex points in tact.(!) and the weekend included homemade gingerbread belgian waffles with ice cream and pears (yumm!)...and late night bulgogi (?) korean spicy beef and rice. somehow, i kept snacking to a minimum...i think working all night friday, then being out of the house all day saturday and having friends over on sunday is the magic answer to my usual weekend problems...the bro and his brownies returned, but i'm actually getting sick of them, so i only had a little taste (which i did count).

but...this week is the "birthday week"...i know we're going out somewhere really good and i will definitely need all of those flex points...hopefully there won't be any cake(s). last year a friend brought over a huge carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting (my favorite! ok, actually all cake is my favorite...)...and i think i gained like 20 lbs because i pretty much ate the whole thing in about a week. and that was in addition to the chocolate cake that my brother made. yikes. that was bad. no cake(s) in the house this year...

5 comments:

Bri said...

Love bulgolgi. mmmm.... good work on savi

Bri said...

Uh, hit enter before I finished. It should continue:

ng point for b-day festivities, though not for cake. cake is evil.

Unknown said...

Happy early birthday! Way to save up those points! I think I drooled twice in your short post: the description of the gingerbread waffles, as well as the carrot cake with thick cream cheese frosting. Oh heaven!

katieo said...

birthday week? for you? Am I a lousy friend or what?

Happy Birthday! (coming up)

Good job on the "little" taste. Way to exercise self-control!

Sara said...

Bulgolgi - yummy yummy - but with rice no sweet potato glass noodles? Interesting. But definitely one of my fave after the bar foods!

Birthday weeks are so tough - good job saving all those extra points I'm sure you'll need them!