Monday, October 1, 2007

The Buffet

I've just returned from 5 days of eating buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm quite proud of myself for staying within my points - I have 20 left for the next four days. The buffet actually had a lot of healthy options - fruits, salads, etc. For breakfast they even had strawberries and vanilla soy milk to go with my kashi! I did indulge a little by having small desserts, but I did not eat a single "conference cookie" - I thought, if Meg can have them all over her house, certainly I can avoid them for a few days.

Anyways, the conference was actually pretty good (besides almost losing my temper with one of my labmates about 50 times) - the setting was beautiful and the weather was perfect for kayaking - I was out for a total of 3.5 hours and saw lots of fish, swans, and herons.

I'm sick now though - I have some sort of evil sore thraot + fever combo. I also have TON on work to do this week. Boo. To combat the sore throat, I'm drinking pineapple juice, but its taking a toll on the points. At 3 points per cup (and no thoughts of exercise) its going to be rough going. Oh well.

7 comments:

katieo said...

Staying within points at a buffet...day in and day out? SO impressive!

Hope you feel better soon! :(

Sara said...

Wow that is impressive work you've accomplished - buffet x 3 and staying within points with some leftover!

Get better soon and don't worry about the juice!

Unknown said...

NICE work avoiding the conference cookies!

Where was your conference? Sounds gorgeous!

I saw a heron this weekend on a hike, I don't think I'd ever spotted one in person before - pretty cool!

Hope you're feeling tip top soon!

Meg said...

v. nice job with conference buffet restraint!

have you tried Airborne? that anti-sick medicine (homeopathic)? it WORKS. seriously. try it

feel better soon!

Healthy Pear said...

Hope you feel better soon! Good for you for staying on track through your conference!
The kayaking outting sounded so great. I love being out in nature!

soapbox girl said...

Ouch. I like peppermint tea when I have a sore throat. Jamba Juice makes a cold buster smoothie that's pretty good. I'm not sure what the caloric count is on that, though. Get better soon!

Bri said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I should have mentioned in my post that bringing along my own dark chocolate was a stroke of brilliance (if i do say so myself) - it allowed me to take a nibble in the face of less tasty, more caloric alternative. Plus, it goes really well with coffee :)