Thursday, October 25, 2007

Save the fishies!

A post by HotThickChick today reminded me that I keep forgetting to post about the seafood watch list. If you eat seafood, you should take a look - the list helps you see what foods are best for the environment and sustainability, and which are the best for you. They have regional guides that print out to fit in your wallet. Ever since seeing the list two years ago, I've been trying to behave myself...I find it easy to follow except for the shrimp - domestic only? That's rough. Even Whole Foods only sells two kinds of U.S. shrimp and I don't like either. Boo. (I got blinky here)

2 comments:

soapbox girl said...

Thanks for the link to the Seafood watch. I really think consumers really can make a difference; they just don't realize it. And Yay for Wild Alaskan Salmon! That's what I always buy. However, lately I've been eying the Tuna (I love seared Tuna with Wasabi sauce). So, I'll take the list with me. :)

aquaken said...

FYI, the Seafood Watch Pocket guides are now available on PDAs from www.seafoodwatch.org. (I'm on staff with Seafood Watch at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.)

Thanks for the mention.

Ken