Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Free food week, day 2

This week is free food week at the lab. We have a huge grant due (and I have a paper and a talk to finish up), so we're having free dinner every night this week. A friend in lab also gave a "pizza talk" in the department, so of course I had to go for moral support. And eat the free pizza (lunch). For dinner, we had Indian food brought in. I love Indian food and was hungry, so I had a plate of food. Bad bad Bri. Oh well. At least I controlled my portions and when I got home I actually got on the treadmill!!! (This is shocking, really.) I'm not used to watching TV (the only TV we have is tiny and in front of my treadmill), but watching a little has made me want to watch more, so hopefully that can help me up my exercise a little bit, especially at night.

I wasted so much time a work today and regret it now (isn't that how it always is?) - I'm going to a good friend's wedding this weekend but it's outside and it's cold. I'm looking for shoes with a something a little more than my normal dressy sandals. I spent a lot of time looking online for shoes (too lazy to go to the store). I want some black d'orsays with a shortish heel. I found cute ones (but a 3" heel - I don't think so) at endless, but they sold out already. And I found these ones at payless.com but they don't have them yet in the store. What's up with that? And why are there so many ugly shoes? What can't the cute ones be, um, under 100? I'm sorry, but dress shoes are just not worth that much money to me. Anyway, the girl said they would probably be in this week if they are up on the web. Hmmm...is risky - should I just overnight them? Oh yeah, I'm wearing this dress (which I notice now that I looked for a picture that the model is wearing them with similar shoes!) with a black pashmina with yellow/gold/orange/red embroidery from my India trip.

Anyway: ate 26, exercised 3, flex left 7.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous dress!! Good luck finding the right shoes! Payless tends to either have great stuff or really terrible stuff. But when it is great, it is amazing!

Jaime said...

Shut the front door!!! I love love love that dress! Ohhhhh....look at the red one! Good luck with the shoes. :)

katieo said...

ok. going out on a limb here. But do you guys have a journey's by you? I know, they're maybe a little trendy/teenybopper, but I thought these were cute. (and on sale! woo-hoo!) I don't know if you were looking for another color or style but just thought I'd throw that out there. (don't laugh!)

It's just sad I have to shop vicariously. boohoo.

Bri said...

thanks ladies!

Katie - cute! I already ordered some from endless so I think I'll be too lazy to track down a journey's, though one isn't that far away. Endless has free O/N shipping so I'll try them on tomorrow and see how they look. If they are terrible, I may go for journeys or payless... Thanks for the idea - I didn't think to look there.