Wednesday, September 19, 2007

cookie monster came to call (again)


yea, today wasn't so great...

those stupid cookies were calling to me all day! i had 3. {apparently i can only resist them for about 20-24 hours.} so yummy though...well, i did succeed on the exercise front and i did ok on the water too, so today wasn't a total loss.

today was one of those forage days...eating real meals makes such a huge difference for me--they're so much more satisfying than a bunch of snacky stuff--i just never feel full when i'm eating snacks all day. brilliant, i know--eating actual cooked food w/ vegs, protein etc. is more satisfying than a bunch of empty carbs?! who knew? well, i'll have to keep that in mind tomorrow.

ate 32, exercised 2. 30 flex left.

4 comments:

katieo said...

"eating actual cooked food w/ vegs, protein etc. is more satisfying than a bunch of empty carbs?!"

I seriously forget this ALL THE TIME. Good reminder for me today.

Unknown said...

Haha, yes, I am a reformed 'grazer' myself. Empty carbs taste awesome, but yeah, they aren't so satisfying.

Speaking of empty carbs... I have been CRAVING sweets like a lunatic and you know what I bought that is pretty good - 100 cal VitaBrownies. They were in the 'natural foods' section of my Safeway. A satisfying alternative to what I wanted to do... which was buy one of everything in the dessert case at Starbucks.

Bri said...

Why can't veggies and protein taste like cookies? WHY?

Carolyn said...

Cookies are a major weakness for me! Subway double chocolate chunk are the worst so if that's what your facing, I feel for ya!

Glad you're joining the Christmas challenge! I think it's going to be a great support for all of us!