Sunday, September 9, 2007

No pain no gain?

While I get sometimes think dieting is a bit of a chore, and especially difficult when I'm at home all day or in social situations, for the most part, I'm experiencing "pain-free" dieting. I eat what I used to eat, just a bit less. So I guess I feel the pain a bit there. But I'm feeling really guilty about not "exercising" (i.e. treadmill, pilates, etc.). Instead, I've been riding my bike instead of the bus, and working on my bathroom redo. I suppose when the bathroom is finished and its too cold to bike, I'll have to start my "exercise" again, but I'm feeling that I can't lose because this isn't horrible and painful yet. Do you ever feel like that?

Today: ate 32 (eeps, but worth it: grilled pesto butterflied chicken, herbed grilled bread, greens beans with pine nuts, delicious puffs filled with nutella and hazelnut gelato), "worked off" 5 (primed the wainscoting for the bathroom), flex left 14.

2 comments:

Meg said...

i definitely feel like that...but they say small changes are the way to go anyway, so just stick with what you're doing for now---it seems to be working!

Bri said...

We'll see. I have a feeling that not doing "exercise" is going to backfire, but we'll see.