Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mae-Ploy to the rescue

Hear hear for Mae-Ploy, which saved me from a forage fest with the almighty peanut butter tonight. I came home later than normal, hungry, and supremely grumpy (you know, one of those days, the days where you want to find a cave and watch Bridget Jones' Diary 20 thousand times and eat tubs of Godiva raspberry truffle ice cream). But I was saved my tub of Mae-Ploy, the best curry paste evah.

Mixed with some TJ's lowfat coconut milk, tofu, eggplant, cauliflower, baby corn, mushrooms, and green onions, and I had dinner in 23 min. It was sooo tasty - the tofu all soft and yummy. Writing about it makes me want another bowl. Though that ice cream sounds good too - good thing we don't have it in the house :)

I was in a need-chocolate-now state today, which is a reminder that I am a stress eater. I should work on that. Good thing for that Mae-Ploy.

Also, I need to rant that I have HUGE pimple on the forehead. It's hideous. People look at it when they talk to me. I can't even try to conceal it - it would look worse. Sigh. Need cave. need chocolate. need BJ's Diary. (I ate 23, exercised 0, and have 11 flex for tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Meg said...

aww...sorry! glad you found an acceptable chocolate/bridget jones/cave substitute. looks yummy!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Okay, so I need to hunt this stuff down, as I love curry, both Indian & Thai, but if premade (canned, jarred, vacuum packed, frozen, whatever) they usually taste lousy. Restaurant take-out tastes better but it's expensive and fatty, and trying to make it at home I never have enough of the authentic spices to make it taste 'real.' Mae Ploy, must remember. Thanks for the tip!

Bri said...

Meg - yes, I knew you'd understand the need for BJ's D. Oh, Mr. Darcy!

Crabby - Have no fear, if you can't find it in stores or your local asian grocer, you can buy it online. It comes in lots of different kinds of varieties and it's HOT. My mom (who grew up in Thailand) only uses this stuff. It's the best.