Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm officially an adult

Tonight, we played bridge. I'm really an adult now. Playing bridge is the only social activity that my parents really take part in, and I remember countless nights going to bed, hearing laughter from the dining room and people screaming "2 clubs" and laughing really loud. I know it sounds like an old people game, but it's really an excellent game - I think it's a game I really need to learn better. Sort of a "life" game. Or a requirement in my family. Like golf for business people. Nervermind - I'm not making sense.

The challenge with bridge is the SNACKS. You know, the bowls that sit next to you for 4 hours while you are playing? Thankfully, I was in charge of the snacks and I think I did pretty well: Carr's crackers with goat cheese, snap peas, carrots, yogurt dip, and grapes. There will be a next time though - do you have any suggestions?

Today was a typical Saturday pointswise: ate 33, exercised 3, flex left 21.

2 comments:

Meg said...

your snacks always sound so gourmet--you are officially an adult!!

Bri said...

I dunno if I'm ready to be an adult. actually, these bridge snacks really stump me. They are harder than appetizers because you keep reaching for the bowl. BAD. actually, it seemed to be mostly me eating the snacks. Hrm. Maybe I should make that another unskinny reason post.