Tuesday, September 18, 2007

These legs are for walking

Thanks to Meg and Crabby, I've changed my treadmilling exercise from jogging to power walking. You know how it's embarassing to speed walk in public? Well, I'm here to tell it's embarrasing at home too. I just feel dorky. Plus, the boy has been calling me and old foggie while pointing a finger at me and laughing. But, I'm starting to feel my knee when I go up the stairs every once in a while, so I think its time to keep walking. I've also switched over to evening treadmilling - I've been having trouble getting up for exercise in the morning, and I'm tired of hearing people scream on the Today show. We only have one working TV in the house - it;s tiny, and is only used when I'm on the treadmill. So I'm giving prime time a try for the first time in 3 years. So far I'm not impressed, BUT, I did get to see the Biggest Loser, so I might be able to follow everyone's blogs tomorrow :)

Also, Crabby's post today about neighborhood walking reminded me to starting using google maps pedometer again, which I only learned about a few weeks ago. I walk a lot around here, and it's a great tool for tracing your walk to find out how far you've gone! (Crabby, I swear I'm not trying to kiss up, but you write a lot about in-town walking and goofylookin power walking!)

Today, I was hungry hungry hungry. Not a good start for Randi and Carolyn's X-mas challenge, which I'm apparently participating in. Oh well. I ate 26 and exercised 3, leaving 14 left for the next two days. I'm brushing my teeth now, repeating to myself "what's better that not eating chocolate? not brushing your teeth again!"

3 comments:

katieo said...

hahaha.
"which I'm apparently participating in."

me too. :)

Meg said...

yay for walking! speed walking is not old fogie--it's cool and hip like crabby and meg!

soapbox girl said...

I've heard good things about power walking. If your knee is giving you trouble, you're wise to switch over. Good luck!