Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Progress

Well, here are my weekend progress pics. And no, unfortunately, I don't mean weight loss progress. That is slooow going.

This is the top I made with some old Amy Butler fabric I had in my fabric stash. It seems that the easiest clothes to make are ones that aren't fitted, so I feel like I look pregnant, again. Oh well. It's still a fun weekend shirt. I used this belle epoque tutorial, but had to take it in a LOT. It was pretty huge, even though I used my measurements.


Onto the real weekend progress - our full bathroom. We bought a cosmetic fixer upper - as you will see below. This picture does not due these tiles justice. The wall ceiling tiles (that's right, tiles on the ceiling) are beige with brown speckles, with some yellow-with-white-splotches tiles (aka the reverse popcorn jelly belly tiles) as "accents". Horrid. With a yelloweygreen toilet AND tub. Fabulous. Hubby wanted to leave it as is for a while, but I put my foot down. That was many moons ago, but we're picking up the pace again. Like that wallpaper?



Most of my calories burned this week have been slaving over these evil 2in white hex tiles. Eventually, I'll fill in with gray grout.

And the hardest task so far has been replacing the ceiling, which we did very badly. I spent two weeks working on correcting our bad installation with a ginormous (sp?) tub of joint compound. I had retiled the shower a few months ago - but I love the glass mosaic tiles we have running around. We have yet to put in the woodwork (molding around the ceiling and white beadboard with a chairrail on the walls to cover where the wall tiles had been).


Though messy, I'm actually having fun fixing up this old house. Especially since it earned me tons of activity points. YAY!
Today I did well, even under the "nomoreflexpoints" horror from yesterday. I ate 21 points, worked off 5, and have no flex for tomorrow.


3 comments:

Meg said...

love the shirt! and the tile and the ceiling. you look skinnnnnny

soapbox girl said...

I love the shirt, too. And you DO look super skinny. Way to go! :)

katieo said...

yeah. you look great! and you made that shirt?? very impressive, love the fabric.