Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Progress Pants: Before edition

Alrighty then. I finally found my progress pants, so I thought I should put them on and take pics as Carolyn and Randi suggested for the challenge. These are some light blue trousers (Gap, 6) that I bought when I lost weight the first time around and thought I could never wear pants like this. I wore them for one year, weather permitting. And they are too small now. Just because I can zip them, doesn't mean I can wear them in public. There is a lot of pulling (see the side shot - nice slit pockets, right?) but the good news is that there is less flab spilling over since the beginning of Skinnify, especially from my love handles.


My early weigh in this morning was 143, the same as last week. I'd been expecting a gain, so I'm pretty happy with it, though getting to 143 did take a bit of negotiation with my scale :) My goal for the Christmas challenge is 135. My real weight loss goal is 128 (I'd like to weigh less than my husband - and I think I wouldn't be too skinny at 128) but for now, I'd be really happy to be in the 130s. And to fit in my blue pants again.

My kayak, Kashi, and apples (and some TJ's dark chocolate) are off to food-hell conference land through the weekend. I won't be able to visit your blogs when I'm gone but will catch up on Monday! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great job on taking the before pictures. I know you'll be really happy you did come Christmas time when those pants are fitting you nicely! (or even a little too loose!)

When I started WW one of my major goals was to weigh less than mu husband. I HATED itthat I weighed so much more than him. Doesn't it just drive you crazy??

soapbox girl said...

Bridget- You look quite thin, are you sure you want to lose more weight? I wish I looked that skinny at 143 lbs! I didn't start looking that good until I was around 130! (Really, you look perfect.) That said, if you decide to lose the extra pounds, I'll cheer you on! :)

Bri said...

Carolyn - thanks! and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I won't be too crushed if I continue to weigh more than he does - he's quite thin. When his greataunt saw him for the first time in 20 years, she said "you're unnatural" ahahaha.

Soap box girl - awww thanks! I think for my frame I could stand to lose a little - my old clothes are still not fitting well, so I think I have some more pounds to shed. I'm aiming for 135 first and will reevaluate from there. I think getting to 135 will be hard, but getting to 128 may be impossible :)

Sara said...

I have to agree with Soap Box - you look great and those pants look like they fit great! But I completely understand how we don't see everything and it is all about your comfort level after all! Have fun the next few days!

Unknown said...

You look fantastic, but I know how it feels to have items in your closet that don't fit as well as they could.. it does provide a bit of motivation.

How irritating that your guy is a skinny little thing! How funny that his aunt called him 'unnatural'. Haha! I will count my blessings that my C is a foot taller and nearly 100 pounds heavier.

Good luck at your conference.... business trips can be so tricky!

Anne said...

I think you look great now, but I'm sure you'll be comfy in your pants in no time. BTW, how tall are you?

Bri said...

Thanks everyone! You all are so encouraging :)

Anne- I'm 5'6"

Randi said...

I think you look great, just imagine how super model you'll be at Christmas! I wish my waist dipped in like yours...
keep us posted on the pant progress!

Meg said...

yea, i ditto everyone else--you look good! i wish i had a waist like yours!

have fun at the conference!

katieo said...

At 143 I'm hovering at a 10. (and I'm 5'6" too.) weird!

Anyway, yeah, I clicked on the page and thought, oh! Bri posted her after pictures! lol. ANd I'm with Thick Chick. Aaron weighs over 200 so I'll just count my blessings.