Monday, September 17, 2007

Gee thanks

I'd really like to thank my body. For losing weight on my finger so that my wedding ring is getting loose. Yeah, thanks a lot. Why can't I lose my weight on my love handles or saddle bags and knees? Because obviously, my body thinks that I want skinny fingers. Gee thanks.

(I'm actually not convinced that my fingers will stay skinny - when I lost weight the first time around and was "skinny", I had my rings resized, and since I'm larger now than I was then, I think I'll wait a bit before sending them to be taken down again.)

But really - my fingers instead of my hips? fabulous.

Today was good, though I'm heading for a horrible work week, so we'll see how I do the rest of the week: ate 23, exercised 3, flex left 17.

6 comments:

Sara said...

My heaven would be a place where you could spot reduce!! My spare tire is the hardest thing to get ride of - drives me insane!

Randi said...

Hey, chill! you are losing on your love handles or wherever. It's just your fingers are small to begin with, you notice a couple millimeters change very easily (helps that there's a permanent measuring tool that doesn't stretch or give at all stuck on your fingers). You probably lost that same amount of fat from your whole body but didn't notice. because frankly, your butt is bigger than your finger so there's more to go.

Meg said...

at least they're getting smaller! :) better than nothing...although i would feel the same way...

Crabby McSlacker said...

I can so relate--when I gain pounds it's around my waist, but the first place I lose is a little further north. (At least there's less annoying bouncing that way).

I never noticed finger weight though!

katieo said...

OMYGOSH ME TOO!!
Retarded. The one part of my body that I have equipment on, that would need a professional to get resized.

Bri said...

Sara - thanks for coming by! Yeah, I've got one of those tires too - but mine is really bumpy. ahaha.

Randi - Yeah, ok. But its just aggravating, since my finger is really small now, and my hips are, er, not.

Meg - yeah, at least I'm getting fat fingered. that would be bad, b/c then I'd need one of those dialing wands that Homer learns about. "to purchase, mash your hand into the phone"

Crabby - The good thing about hand/finger/wrist weight is that you can see it when you're typing on the computer! Who knew?

Katie - I'm glad I'm not the only one!