Monday, September 24, 2007

weekend strategy..goals...and more goals

i really need to figure out a good strategy for weekends. i really don't know what my problem is---well, ok, i do. lots and lots of bad eating habits that seem to come out of the closet on weekends...

maybe i should reset my flex points on friday instead of monday? i seem to have a lot more control during the week...what do you think?

well...i've decided that long term and weekly goals are a good thing, but i also need some daily goals to keep me going. i usually do great w/ weekly goals until about thursday...anyway, i'm going to keep up with the "more" goals again this week...

long term goal: (carolyn & randi's christmas challenge)
lose 10 lbs.

goals this week:
exercise everyday
more water
more accountability--keep track of everything i eat. no cheating.

(i already met my monday goal: walking for 1 hour. yay!)

goal for tuesday:
walk 20 minutes after my pilates class.

on a side note...i've been thinking about how i lost so much weight at the start and what has changed since then...and i think it's mostly the exercise. i'm eating basically the same, but exercising a lot less. so, i guess for me, exercise really does make a huge difference.

well...that's all for now...have a great monday!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think that's a great idea to set smaller goals for yourself so you're not always looking at the big picture.

I have the SAME problem in regards to the weekend. I always save all my flex points for the weekend but lately it's been a free for all from Friday night to Sunday night and I can't stand it anymore! This weekend I am stayng within my 35 flex points if it kills me!

Awkward84 said...

Your body hits a plateau eventually, especially when it comes to the way you eat. Once your body gets accustomed to eating healthier, or eating less calories, you will stop losing weight as rapidly. Sometimes a little junk food helps to shock your system! We as animals are created to adapt to situations. Your body adapts to lesser calories by storing more. You sound like you're doing great... keep up the good work, and good luck!

Randi said...

yep it's exercise! It is a million times easier to do a little more exercise than to outsmart a craving or walk around hungry! though I do feel I should mention that if you lost weight your calorie requirement is going to be less than when you first started (just to function ya know?) so you may want to revaluate your food (you could be fine, I'm just sayin')

Bri said...

I think you should try Friday for resetting your points. I'm finding WW to be less stressful this time around because I switched my reset day from Monday to Friday. I find it easier to eat less during the week so I can have fun on the weekend and "behave" during the week!

katieo said...

I stink at weekends. I think it's the mental mindset of getting a "break." I still don't quite have it figured out. I think smaller goals are smart!