Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ice cream trucks

Bad: Another day of not so much exercise (2 pts)

Good: I didn't eat THAT much (25, flex left 22) though I was faced with "family day lunch" which included 2 ice cream trucks where you could get any ice cream you wanted, for free. I relied heavily on yesterday's realization that eating yucky food makes me feel yucky and I didn't partake in free ice cream. Even though I wanted one of those bullet pops from elementary school, just because. Ignoring thr truck was a huge step for me. You see, my parents never let me get ice cream from the truck or from school, but I was so desperate to get junk food that I helped the school nurse distribute fluoride weekly to get a free ice cream coupon, which I would spend on the biggest, longest lasting "ice cream": the bullet pop. Or that's what I thought it was called, though google images seems to think I'm wrong - you know, the really big popsicle with the red bottom and red in the middle and orange on the sides. Alrighty, I'm rambling. Sorry 'bout that.

2 comments:

Meg said...

good job ignoring the truck! i would have been all over that! and i totally remember bullet pops---remember how some kids would get totally red and orange lips and teeth?

Bri said...

Oh yeah, but they were so good. Or at least I remember them being good. I'd probably hate them now :)