Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Motivation dwindling...

Well folks, my weight loss has apparently stopped (just in time for the x-mas challenge). Last week I gained a pound and the scale is telling me I may have done it again. I'm headed to a conference tomorrow, so I have to weigh in early and keep what I anticipate is another gain. Boo. I guess I need to change something in my routine, but it'll be hard this week because I'm away for the rest of it. My plan is to try my best to keep to my flex points (which thankfully reset in the middle), eat my pre-portioned kashi for breakfast, and exercise by kayaking near the conference. It's going to be really hard to keep the calories down and my water up - these conferences are cookie extravaganzas and are usually freezing, so I keep the coffee coming to stay awake and stay warm. I am armed with dark chocolate, kashi TLC bars, and fruit to keep the evil enormous cookies out of my mouth. Or maybe I can throw a napkin on the tray like Meg. ???

Next week - I plan to exercise more more more. I didn't want to "go crazy" with exercise because I want the losses to stick around when I'm not in crazy mode, but at this point, I know I need to do something to see a loss, or my motivation is going to keep sliding. My goal is to alternate 1 hr power walking days with 30 min power walking + 30 pilates and theraband during the work week.

today: ate 23, exercised 3, flex left 16 (for 1.5 days of conference...not too bad)

2 comments:

Meg said...

yes! ha ha---throw a napkin on the tray! and see what all the other attendees have to say about that!

you will be fine---you have kashi, fruit and a kayak. you can do it!

Randi said...

Here's my thoughts on exercise. I understand not wanting to drop quick only to stall when you're don't go nuts exercising. But you likely won't gain again if all you're doing is toning down exercise. So getting the lbs down quicker isn't bad. Also, if you do any kind of strength work (build any muscles) then you'll make it that much easier to lose weight later on. Plus it's always a good thing to turn to get you back in the loss mode. (and maybe you'll like it so much you'll never stop going exercise crazy!)
Nice plan with the packed food. Maybe think about how the catering staff probably dumped the tray on the floor and just picked them all up and dusted them off. Or they probably made them with pure lard so they're extra extra bad for you. good luck.