Sunday, September 16, 2007

the eagle has landed!


well, i have a new roommate! check out the "secret weapon" that i mentioned on friday...

i'm so so so excited about this! i've been hemming and hawing over whether to buy a treadmill for about the last three years...so, when i saw a great deal on amazon.com over labor day, i just couldn't say no.

it arrived on friday and it took me all day saturday to convince my brother to help me carry it upstairs (it's severely heavy)...then i worked on assembling it today. i feel very handy!

i hope this will solve some of the exercise roadblocks that i keep running into...if i don't go walking in the mornings, it just doesn't happen...i oversleep, then it gets too late, i get too busy, then it's dark outside and i don't want to go by myself (i have a million excuses!). this will let me squeeze in some walking at all of the odd times that i have time to exercise...like at night! or i can just roll out of bed and get in a quick 20 minutes instead of driving somewhere (like the park). plus i can justify watching tv!! and, i'm sure this will come in very handy this winter when it is snowing and i can't/won't walk outside. i probably will keep walking outside while the weather is good, but i like having this as an "emergency workout" option.

i walked for an hour today after i finished putting it together and it was great! (while i watched the food network show about the pie making championships...haha!)

umm...counting this weekend has been, hmm...nonexistent. i kind of felt like i needed a break from points because i think i am driving myself crazy...but that's another post. back to counting tomorrow!

7 comments:

Bri said...

SWEET!!!!

soapbox girl said...

OMG! That's great! You're gonna be a (fit) skinny minny in no time!

marie said...

i wish i had one of those on rainy, lazy days.

...i'd probably watch more tv too!

Unknown said...

JEALOUS!! C's dad mentioned that he wants to send us a stairmaster because he worries about my knees from running. I don't particularly love the stairmaster, but hey, I'd settle for anything to hop on while I zone out on bad tv. Enjoy your new baby!

katieo said...

Jealous too. I fantasize about running while watcing my fav tv. I never seems to happen at the gym.

Randi said...

Super jealous. We have an elliptical that I keep behind the couch in the living room. But it was a cheapy so instead of going in ellipses your sort of going in cicles, very hard on the quads, but more of a workout I guess. It limits your speed a lot. Plus I wish it had incline. I still use it watching tv. It's like this, I'm going to watch tv anyway, so instead of sitting on the couch I have to be on the elliptical. At least 1 show a night. I had certain shows I'd watch anyway, so I just made them my workout shows. (and I'll be back at it when fall tv starts up again)

Meg said...

thanks for sharing the excitement, ladies! i didn't mean to induce jealousy...because actually i'm pretty jealous of all of the numbers on your scales!! hopefully this will help me catch up to you!