Monday, August 27, 2007

I am a tortoise

So, I'm still not losing weight. I knew it was going to rough from here on in, but the scale seems to be creeping up instead of down. I think the solution is to contintue doing what I'm doing (the tortoise method: keeping within points range and exercise moderately, about 20 points per week and making sure I don't get into a rut) and lose very very slowly, or be the hare (and go ape-shit on myself like I did last time I lost weight) and get exercise CRAZY. This time, I'm leaning towards the tortoise because I am too busy with other things to get all exercise obsessed, and because I am more likely to maintain if I lose slowly and with moderate changes in my habits. (Obviously, the hare method was only temporary for me last time.) What do you think? Am I going about this the wrong way?

FJ: ate 25, exercised 5, flex left 14

(The image is from Nut and Bee at www.nutandbee.com)

2 comments:

katieo said...

My vote is for the tortoise method. Of course I may be biased, as I am the queen of slow weight loss.

Meg said...

ok, a) LOVE the tortoise pic. my vote for the tortoise method may be entirely based on that graphic...but b) i vote tortoise anyway. going all crazy never made anybody happy, right? plus it's wayyy too hard to maintain, i think.