Sunday, August 5, 2007

Erm, do nap points count?

OK, I had total blog-withdrawl this weekend, being away from everyone. But I did have lots of fun and was v. proud of myself for not toally stuffing my face in the presence of pate, bread, cheese, chocolate, fig cake, chips, and dried cherries. Though I thought it was very annoying to be counting points as I ate them, I am a bit of a control freak, so it was kind of fun to be in portion and point control. I can really be a cheapo (right Meg?), and I find that I treat my points like money. Unless its on third markdown, I'd better really really like it to take it home with me...I mean eat it. Whatever. Its late. You know what I mean.

Portion control aside, I'm still failing miserably at exercise. Saturday (otherwise knows as the day I ate 36 points without moving a single muscle in my body), I took a 3 hour nap. I think of it as 3 nap points. Do I have an allowance for that? I tried to justify it by telling myself that I need sleep to lose weight, but I've never heard anyone talk about nap points so I doubt it counts. Everyone else went swimming (e.g. exercise). But I was asleep, and didn''t notice my 5 friends wake up and take off. Sigh. Maybe this is why I'm the one how needs to count what I am eating in the first place.

So points recap from evil-food-filled weekend was actually not so bad! I'm still hoarding points for eating out 3 times later in the weekend when an in-law arrives for a visit:
Sat: 36 eaten, 0 worked off, 3 nap points
Sun: 26 eaten, 6 worked off

flex left: 19.

2 comments:

Meg said...

nap points=eating prevention!! that has to count for something...

good job on the portion control this weekend--that looks like quite a spread!

soapbox girl said...

Yes-excellent job this weekend! The exercise will come when you're ready. I think it helps if you find something you like to do: tennis lessons, swimming, bike riding... you get the idea. Anyway, you're off to a good start.