Friday, August 24, 2007

blind date debacles and other friday night fun

hmm. counting today has been a little bit of a lost cause. got dragged into going to lunch w/ skinny bro who wanted to go to this greasy burger joint that he just loves. i got a turkey sandwich thing which i vowed to only eat 1/2 of, but ended up eating 3/4 of. avoided the fries though...then went on blind date that was...in a word, super awkward...and for some reason made me come home and want to eat everything in the house. i don't know why. i guess that's why they call it "emotional eating." (i only ate a little bit of bro's pasta and a fiber 1 bar, so i guess i did ok as far as emotional eating goes. if i weren't counting, there would be nothing in the cupboards).

exercised: 3
ate...hmm ? 35?
number of times i thought "blind dates suck and i hate all this stupid datey-date crap i just wanna go home and put on my pjs and who cares about boys because boys are dumb* could someone please pull the fire alarm so i have an excuse to get out of here": 1000's and 1000's


*ps--i do not, of course, mean to insinuate that the boys that you (my bloggy friends) are paired with are dumb. just all of the boys that i know. all of them. dumb.

3 comments:

soapbox girl said...

Awww. Hang in there. I know exactly how you feel. I hated dating. Everyone that I know says dating is hell, too, so you are not alone. But when you meet this one amazing person that you just click with, it all seems worth it.

Bri said...

I always tell you the same thing. MOVE OUT HERE. :)

Randi said...

naw, even my boy is dumb. you're right. who needs 'em.
no I didn't have a fight with my hubby. I just think it's over rated. Get a dog. or a roommate. hire a poolboy. gotta make sure you understand this - having a boy will not make you happier. you'll be happier because you decided to be happier.
not that I think you're some sort of bridget jones type needing a man to feel worth something. But that sort might be reading...