Thursday, August 23, 2007

Do I have to count forever?

So, ever since starting the blog with Meg and starting the whole "diet" thing again, I've been wondering how I will keep it off this time. (Last time was 3 years ago, and I had lost nearly 40 lbs. For the past year or two I have put about half of that back on.) How will this time be different? The first time I was so committed to maintaining - and I did, for a year or so. But then my exercise slowed down (x-mas break, my kickboxing instructor became a bit of a loose canon, etc.). Then I stopped counting. Obviously, I know to maintain, I will have to keep up the exercise - but do I have to count forever? I can't find a balance in this whole dieting thing. Last time, exercise and low-cal eating became habits, but then they slipped. If I am counting and weighing forever, will I also be forever weight-obsessed?

FJ: ate 25, exercised 5, flex left 9 (resets tomorrow).

I'm expecting a gain for my weigh in tomorrow - I guess my weight is just readjusting from last week. boo.

3 comments:

Meg said...

i wonder the same thing too. and i think the answer is yes. otherwise, my body will drift back to it normal habitat in the 170's. totally sucks, but i think that's reality for me. boo.

marie said...

every time i get cocky and think i can stop counting, the scale goes up and i'm very active running 5 times a week and a self-proclaimed gym rat. this is why i'll never cancel my WW online subscription.

Bri said...

well, I guess that's why this blogging thing is so great - you all help em stay motivated :)