Monday, August 20, 2007

S-M-R-T

Did you hear the news? Cardio makes you SMARTER. I could really go for some of that. Maybe my lack of exercise is a contributing factor to my new 6th-year graduate student status. (Don't ask me when I'm going to graduate, ok? I'll get ugly. fast)

So, if I can manage to get up on time tomorrow, I can pull a Homer on the treadmill ("I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I am so smart! S-M-R-T"). And, when I finally graduate, I should screen myself a shirt that says that too. Hrmmmm... Ah, never mind. Someone else already makes them.

I've been so tired today. I couldn't get up this morning. and on my bike ride home, my muscles kept screaming "STOP!!!". I almost walked my bike I was so tired. I have no idea why this is, but I took it as a sign that I should spend my last three points of the day on hot chocolate. Not just any hot chocolate. Lake Champlain Aztec hot chocolate. mmmm....

Ate 22, exercised 2, flex left 10

4 comments:

katieo said...

LOL! I love Homer's S-M-R-T!
The sad thing is, the first time I heard that I was like, "whaaa... OOOH! THe 'A' is missing!"
Sometimes I'm retarded.

Meg said...

haha!! s-m-r-t. i can totally feel the neurogenesis happening after i work out. seriously, when i'm being lazy and eating too much i feel like i turn stupid.

soapbox girl said...

Funny! I HEART The Simpsons.

I heart Futurama, too. All of this makes me wanna skip school and watch cartoons. (...and I would if I weren't teaching this morning!)

Randi said...

I worked out a lot in my 3rd year university and that's also when I was the busiest and I got straight A's. I know I feel the best and get the most done when I'm in a regular exerciser. So I definately buy that smrt thing.
Hey I really appreciate your comment about my food. Would you mind posting a typical day for you? I try and eat a lot of protein but it just doesn't show up some how!