Wednesday, August 1, 2007

On Jeans Creases

I'm not a writer. I hate writing. So when Meg had the idea that we start this blog so we can finally get skinny, I was initially hesitant. After all, if were ever going to contribute (read: write) to a blog, I wanted it be about something "fun". But alas, I thought back to this past week and realized that many events were building a case against my weight - I am packing the pounds again. I knew that Meg's idea was brilliant, true to form. I have always struggled with my weight and even lost a lot 3 years ago or so. So I've been in self-denial for a year or two now, about my slow but steady weight gain. But this week, I knew, I just knew I had to take action. Let me illustrate:
1. I spent some time with a friend I hadn't seen in a few months. She kept looking at my hips, and did not approve (she is easy to read).
2. I tried to iron out the creases on the back of my "bigger" jeans. The creases, I'm quite sure, result from my ever-expanding thighs and give my legs a sausage-like look in jeans.
3. I was cleaning out my closet and many things had to be put in a separate bin. These include tops, and my problem area is usually by pear-shaped arse. Gaining weight on top means I'm in a new phase of weight gain.
4. The day of my annual physical, I changed out of jeans into lightweight chinos so that that extra pound of cotton wouldn't show up on the scale. I didn't want to be scolded for my weight gain.
5. I keep putting my hand on the new fat lumps on the sides of my upper thighs...kinda like an extension of my rear...this body part is new to me and I'm like a toddler discovering new parts of my body. BAD.
6. I had to change out of a tight shirt because I noticed bra-highlighting backfat. Sigh.




SOOOOooooo, this time has come for me to take control and get skinny. Or, just skinnier. Yesterday I weighed in at 152. At my lightest, I was 135. So, my goal is to lose 15 lbs. And keep it off. I'll start counting my points (net 20 per day with 35 flex points for a week), but this week my focus will be on starting up an exercising routine again.

B's points: ate 21, worked off 2, flex left 35.
Weigh in: 152.

No comments: