Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Delivery Day!

Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the week - it's my Boston Organics delivery day. I get a great mixture of in-season fruits and veggies, delivered to my door weekly. In the summer, a lot of my box is locally grown. I started this service after reading Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma (what? you haven't read it? OMG! read it RIGHT NOW!!! I'm serious).

It is so much fun to open up my box - it smells and looks great! And, I eat lots of fruits and veggies because everything in my box is "special". and and AND, I don't have to go to the grocery store all the time (this is a very good thing since I'm too scared of the wacko Boston drivers to drive).
  • Black Plums
  • Blueberries
  • Green Pears
  • Red Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • White Peaches
  • Yellow Nectarines
  • Kiwi
  • Mango
  • Avocados
  • Corn
  • Cucumbers
  • Green Beans
  • Green Bell Peppers
  • Mustard Greens
  • Red Bell Peppers
  • Red Leaf Lettuce
  • Roma Tomatoes

Anyway, I have an in-law visiting, so we went out to dinner. And, like Meg yesterday, I had sort of an issue waking up this morning. In fact, I missed TWO buses because I got up too late. I think it had something to do with drinking a bazillion glasses of water yesterday (I was sooo thirsty! Plus my complexion looks terrible, I look like I caught the chicken pox, I'm hoping the water will help). So, another zero point exercise point today after eating 28 points. Which is OK, actually, since it leaves me 11 flex points for tomorrow.

g'night bloggers!





5 comments:

Meg said...

that looks yummy. i wonder if they would deliver to me?

Healthy Pear said...

Wow! That veggie box looks amazing! I should definitely check into that. I'm sure it's fun to see what they put in every week for you.
I know about drinking tons of water. I think that's it's one of the best tools for me to stop me from eating all the time. Try adding some lemon slices to your water. It's a natural cleanser for your body, plus it helps with getting rid of toxins (including from your skin). Have a great day and enjoy those yummy fruits and veggies! :)

Bri said...

OOoo, thanks for the advice - I'll try it :) If they don't have an Organic buying club (like this one) in your area, you could try a co-op instead. I have some friends out here that swear by them.

soapbox girl said...

I use to do that, too! It's so much fun getting a little (or big) box of locally grown, organic produce. They don't deliver over here; I'd go pick it up every Wednesday. Anyway, seeing this makes me want to sign up for it again! Looks like you have a yummy salad waiting for you! :)

Randi said...

OMG you are totally gonna win with all the yummy healthy food! (win what? the war with the scale) And you're gonna have to eat it like crazy right so it doesn't go bad and you have to chuck it. So there you go. You are now eating healthy until that is gone! (I said it so it's true, I ain't no liar!)
If you go to bed earlier it will be easier to get up earlier! Remember how much you like sleep in the morning after your alarm? Well it's that good at like 9:00 at night too.