Friday, August 3, 2007

Bri's weigh-in #1

So I weighted myself first thing this morning, before breakfast...since my coffee alone should weigh a pound or two, ha ha. According to Mr. Scale I've lost 3 lbs in 2 days, but I think it must be water weight. I've barely exercised...its been really hot and humid out here. I really need to put a window a/c unit in so I can workout in August. (New England doesn't do central air, its insane.)

Anyway, so my goal for the next week is to amp up my exercising. I'm going to aim for 90 min pilates+weights and 120 min cardio. And I'm not allowed to count riding my bike to the T.

I'm afraid I won't be able to fit in exercise today, which is making me grumpy. But we will be doing a few hours of rapid water kayaking on Sunday, so hopefully that will make up for it.

I have a lot of packing/cooking/shopping to do for Tanglewood trip and am trying to plan my meals so that I won't go over my flex points for the week. Sat night and Sunday lunch are lost causes - bread, cheese, pate, chocolate, fruit and veggies (obviosuly, I'll be hitting the F+V pretty hard and practice this new portion control concept again). For lunch on Saturday I'm thinking about making a quinoa bean salad or jicama/orange/avocado salad, salmon and light cream cheese on rye crackers (have to fuel the hubby - he's very skinny), and fruit of course. Do you have any good ideas on how I should avoid gorging myself this weekend? Because I'm sure all my foodie buddies are going to bring many many point heavy delights.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Well I'd love to give you my sure fire tips to surviving amazing food (uh, don't go?) but I'm still working on that myself. The one thing I can say is, don't eat something you don't love. If it's bad and you love it well then, fine. But if it's bad and you only sorta like it. You can live without it. good luck!

Bri said...

Hi Randi! Thanks for the advice - I've heard it before, but it's good to hear it again. I tend to, uh, stuff my face...cause I like to eat too much. I'm also going to try and eat s-l-o-w-e-r.