Monday, August 6, 2007

Rant #1

Warning and apologies - this might be a little whiney/ranty. I'm just in that mood, probably because I'm hungry. And because I've just found a really cute pair of shoes that I can't wear because I think they will look too small on me. (And, I shouldn't afford them either...ahaha)

I'm feeling very impatient today - I want to get skinny really really fast and its just not gonna happen (I know, I shouldn't want it to happen, it's not healthy that way, yaddah yaddah yaddah). Its especially not going to happen if I don't make it a priority to exercise. I only managed 20 minutes on the treadmill before my sweaty-drippy self couldn't take it any more and got off. And then I started a new sewing project so I didn't do my pilates either. am bad. very bad bri.

But, I just checked out French Women Don't Get Fat - I'm sure its been blogged to death, but its still new to me.

Points for today: 22 eaten, 2 exercised

rant over.

3 comments:

katieo said...

I haven't read French Women Don't Get Fat either...although that hasn't stopped me from blogging about it.

ah well. I am curious to know what you think!

Meg said...

20 minutes on treadmill in hot, humid no AC=20,000 points in my book.

i'm impatient today too. where is the fast forward button?? will i actually get skinny? rahh!!!

Bri said...

Hi Katie - Yeah, so I'm a few chapters in, and so far I'm unimpressed. She basically wants us to follow our intuition and recast how we eat, use common knowledge (pass the bread basket), exercise more, etc. She also goes on and on about eating real food.

I only eat real food already. and I enjoy it. And I walk a lot. but its my intuition that has me in this notsoskinny state in the first place.

Anyway, so far, I'm thinking that I need to stick to the points...we'll see what else she has to say...